Does this sound familiar?
Are you currently studying for the ARE 5.0 CE exam for the first time, or have you failed this exam, and are looking for a new strategy on how to tackle it?
Do you lack experience with
Construction Administration, Construction Details, and Project Management, and you're looking for a way to fill in your gaps?
Let's take a look what CE Studio is all about!
I believe that anyone is capable of passing this exam, you just need a guide to focusing on the important elements of this exam. Construction & Evaluation can seem overwhelming in scope, but let me help simplify this exam for you.
Who Is This Course For?
This course is designed for people doing self-guided studying for the ARE 5.0 Construction & Evaluation Exam. The purpose of CE Studio is not to take you through the basics of the exam (For example: What is the B101?).
The purpose is to take you through the essential concepts of this exam, understanding relationships and overlap between study materials, and allowing you to study more effectively.
This course is full of amazing content, with assigned readings and lists of recommended study materials provided for each module. CE Studio is designed to assist you on your self-guided studying journey.
I will take you through methods to help you study more effectively and retain concepts, but you will still need to be committed to get the most use out of this course.
- Welcome to CE Studio (1:52)
- Module 1 Objectives (0:30)
- Let Me Introduce Myself (1:31)
- CE Studio Course Overview (2:38)
- Study Material Organization & Prioritization (5:49)
- Download the RMSM Studio Resource Types Graphic
- How To Use the Readings - Important! (5:16)
- Assigned Readings - Download
- Tried and True Study Method (10:32)
- Using Digital Study Tools for CE (4:59)
- Automatic Study Hour Tracking with Clockify (6:00)
- Have More Questions?
- Project Management Made Easy Overview (0:22)
- Project Management & ARE Objectives (2:17)
- Design Bid Build (DBB) (4:17)
- Design-Build (DB) (6:54)
- Project Management Quiz 1
- Construction Manager as Advisor (4:00)
- Construction Manager as Constructor (3:17)
- Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) (3:54)
- Project Management Quiz 2
- Project Management Readings (2:45)
- Project Management Quiz 3
- 3 Ways To Study Project Delivery Methods - Audio Lecture
- Conquering Contracts Overview (3:37)
- Conquering Contracts & ARE Objectives (4:26)
- How Do Contracts fit in Construction Documents? (1:45)
- Conquering Contracts Readings Check
- AIA Documents Series (4:10)
- Conquering Contracts Quiz 1
- Contract Relationships (9:19)
- Conquering Contracts Quiz 2
- G701 - Change Orders (1:46)
- G702 & G703 - Applications for Payment & Continuation Sheet (1:17)
- Bidding Documents (1:44)
- Non-Conforming Work (3:41)
- Changes in the Contract (2:03)
- Conquering Contracts Quiz 3
- Conquering Contracts Readings (3:18)
- Conquering Contracts Quiz 4
- Course Check-In
- Drawings in Detail Overview (0:29)
- Drawings in Detail & ARE Objectives (2:51)
- Reading Architectural Plans (6:14)
- Reading Other Discipline Drawings (13:32)
- Submittals: Shop Drawings, Product Data, and Samples (4:56)
- Drawings in Detail Quiz 1
- IBC & ADA (18:10)
- CSI Divisions To Focus On (5:14)
- Drawings in Detail Quiz 2
- Drawings in Detail Quiz 3
- Drawings in Detail Quiz 4
- Drawings in Detail Quiz 5
- Drawings in Detail Quiz 6
- Drawings in Detail Readings (1:42)
- Building Element Breakdown Overview (0:28)
- Building Element Breakdown & ARE Objectives (1:49)
- Earthwork & Site (1:36)
- Building Element Breakdown Quiz 1
- Foundation Foundations (5:12)
- Thinking About Thermal Protection (0:41)
- Moisture Protection Please! (11:41)
- Hazardous Materials (1:15)
- Building Element Breakdown Quiz 2
- Test Your Knowledge (3:55)
- Building Element Breakdown Readings (2:38)
- 6 Ways To Study Construction Details for the ARE - Audio Lecture
- Estimation Essentials Overview (0:22)
- Estimation Essentials & ARE Objectives (3:57)
- Important Financial Terms
- Calculating Conversions (1:41)
- Estimation Essentials Quiz 1
- Payment Certificates (7:24)
- Cost Estimating (2:35)
- Estimation Essentials Quiz 2
- Estimation Essentials Readings (1:03)
- Estimation Essentials Quiz 3
- Estimation Essentials Quiz 4
- Schedules Simplified Overview (0:21)
- Schedules Simplified & ARE Objectives (1:23)
- Gantt/Bar Chart (2:13)
- Critical Path Method (3:43)
- Schedules Simplified Quiz 1
- Project Timelines and Schedules Overview (2:53)
- Project Work Plans (5:22)
- Project Work Plan Activity
- Schedules Simplified Quiz 2
- Schedules Simplified Readings (1:42)
- Schedules Simplified Quiz 3
- Schedules Simplified Quiz 3 Answer
- Project Closeout Overview (0:22)
- Project Closeout & ARE Objectives (0:50)
- Substantial & Final Completion (11:51)
- Closeout Comprehension Quiz 1
- Building User Surveys (3:40)
- Let's Cover Commissioning (3:50)
- Closeout Comprehension Quiz 2
- Project Closeout Readings (2:04)
- Substantial Completion Process - Download
- Closeout Comprehension Quiz 3
Meet Your Instructor
I'm Rahma, founder of RMSM Studio. I graduated from Hampton University (Go Pirates!) with my Master of Architecture degree. I am currently working in Virginia at an A/E firm, but I have also worked in the Gambia, Namibia, and the British Virgin Islands.
Studying for the ARE is like a job all on its own. I started RMSM Studio to help make that job easier for people like me, who want to simplify the studying process and don’t have a lot of time (or money).
I hope you get something from this course, even if it’s just one thing, that makes this process a bit less stressful.
I ended up having to take ARE 5.0 CE twice, due to not truly understanding the subject matter of the test the first time. I was able to create a new strategy for my study methods and materials, and passed this exam in September 2020.
I feel that my recent pass, and my experience with failing this exam, gives me a unique perspective on what you need to do to move yourself forward.